Make Money

Friday, August 1, 2008

Empathy In Your Internet Marketing Business

I am on my computer for about 6 hours a day. I am committed to my internet marketing business even though this is not my full time career. I love to write about different subjects and I love learning new ideas regarding internet marketing on a daily basis. Even though I work from home, however, I still need to work on my interpersonal skills (also known as people skills). When you own an internet marketing business you will be doing a lot of business via email, im, and through article and blog marketing. However, we must not forget that we still have to connect with people via the telephone or perhaps in person. We must not forget these skills if we really want to succeed in our home based business and make money online. If we do not continually polish these skills, we will get rusty and may lose our ability to effectively communicate with others. As a piano teacher, prior therapist, and internet marketer and coach for newbies, I have to work with people a lot. One of the ways that I keep my people skills polished is that I focus on what the other person needs. I try to listen to it, hear it, and empathize and understand their needs the best that I can. When you empathize with another person, you try to put yourself in his or her shoes. This is an effective technique at working with others because you will try to see the world the best that you can from his or her perspective. Without empathy for another person, it is very hard to connect in a truly effective way. Empathy is one part of effective people skills and it does not hurt to be empathic in other areas of your life as well. Sometimes we can forget to be empathic and we focus solely on ourselves and what we need. When we focus on the needs of others we will be surprised that what comes back to us can be multiplied in many ways! Michelle Tukachinsky http://www.internetmarketingcoachmt.com http://www.homebasedbusiness-mt.com

No comments: